Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pet Peeves

The best way for me to get rid of little frustrations that are building up in my head is to share them thus depriving them of building steam. Hence my little Pet Peeves corner.  Usually most of my Pet Peeves are about reckless and feckless drivers on the roads.

This month's Pet Peeves (drum roll...)  I HATE it when I'm driving down a two-lane road and I'm come up to a huge logjam - there's like 20 to 30 cars ahead of me at a complete stop waiting for this guy to turn onto another street on the left but unfortunately the guy is waiting for at least 40 or 50 cars coming from the opposite direction to pass by -so he waits...and waits....and waits. Meanwhile he is blocking the rest of us from moving forward when he could have just driven another block or two to the next stoplight or stop sign and then turn around come back to where he needed to turn off onto.  Really it is that simple!  I would like the auto manufacturers to develop a special bullhorn that can only be equipped on my car and it is the bullhorn that blast into everybody else's car when i have something to say or a "nice" suggestion to move on to the next intersection.  Then again, there's no bullhorn on someone else's car to blast into mine. You'll simply have to trust me that I'm a great driver and that my human heart is in perfect condition. NOT!

There's a message or theme that could be derived from waiting on someone else.  Isn't that life?  Life sometimes feel like you're waiting...and waiting...and waiting on someone else or some event to happen - like a new baby, a new job, a new house and so forth.  It seems like technology makes everything efficient and at the same time very inefficient.

I'll stop here because some of you might have a Pet Peeve in which you hate it when bloggers blog more than 3 paragraphs....and you have the perfect bullhorn on your computer in which you can blast me via my blog entries.  Wouldn't want to mess with you, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment